TEMPEH BACON SANDWICH 🥓
hello beautiful people, i hope your saturday is treating you well so far! it’s a beautiful and sunny 84 degree day here and the birds are singing like crazy! 😍 on the menu for lunch is a tempeh bacon BLT but tweaked a little to fit what we had at home!
the “recipe” for the bacon is a rough estimate, but should get you the same yummy result!
- slice half of a block of tempeh into strips, as thin as you can to ensure you get a crispy piece of bacon
- boil water and set them in a steamer (or just put a strainer on top and cover if you don’t have one) and steam for about ten minutes
- in a bowl add 3 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoon water, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp maple syrup and 1/4 tsp liquid smoke! when the tempeh is done steaming, add it to the bowl of mix!
- usually you’d want this to marinate for 45 minutes to an hour, but i was hungry so i only did it for about 15 minutes and it still turned out great
- add some avocado oil to a pan over medium heat, once hot add your bacon and cook for 4-5 minutes on one side. flip and cook for another 3 minutes, add a little of your marinade over all strips and cook for another 2 minutes and you’re done! crispy and delicious tempeh bacon!
for my sandwich i toasted two pieces of whole grain bread and topped them w the following : vegan mayo, spinach, red onion, red bell pepper and the tempeh bacon!
this is such a easy and light lunch, perfect for these warmer days! ♥️♥️
#plantbased #vegan #vegana #vegano #veganismo #vegancommunity #veganfood #instavegan #vegansofig #veganrecipes #veganrecipeshare #veganlife #crueltyfree #dairyfree #crueltyfreefood #veganinspiration #veganinspo #veganfoodshare #veganfoodporn #plantbaseddinner #veganism #veganfoodie #veganfoodblog #foodblogger #veganlifestyle #veganpower #food #tempehbacon #sandwich